Graphic from news.techgenie.com
I love it when people take the time to write up step-by-step HOW TO articles or blogs. And, I like Excel HOW TO articles because it is an easy way to give a tutorial to a client when I need them to create/fix/organize data for loading into an ERP system.
Recently, I have found quite a few key Excel HOW TO procedures. As I like to keep things where I can easily find them, I am putting them on my blog so that others have the list, too.
Here we go.
1. Copy a formula in Excel http://www.wikihow.com/Copy-Formulas-in-Excel
2. Excel Data Validation for Dates (This is awesome!) http://www.contextures.com/exceldatavalidationdates.html#download
3. How to find duplicates in Excel and numbers (uses conditionals and COUNTIF) http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-duplicates-excel-numbers/
5. Eleven advanced Excel tricks – Vlookup, Index match, 3D Sum, $ sign, Ampersand symbol, arrays, goal seek, pivot tables, http://www.businessinsider.com/excel-tricks-vlookup-index-match-pivot-tables-array-2013-5#-1
6. How to split data from one column to two http://smallbusiness.chron.com/split-excel-data-two-columns-54661.html or https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2014/02/27/split-cells-excel/
7. Link data in two workbooks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-foPogO3QNE
8. General Excel training from Microsoft https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Excel-training-9bc05390-e94c-46af-a5b3-d7c22f6990bb?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US