Cumulative Update 06 includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017.
Where to find Cumulative Update 06
You can download the cumulative update from KB 4021396 – Cumulative Update 6 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017.
You can press one of the countries in list above for a direct download or you can download the cumulative update from the Microsoft Download Center.
To learn more about other Cumulative Updates already released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 please see KB 3210255.
Cumulative Update 31 includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.
You can download the cumulative update from KB 4021394 – Cumulative Update 31 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.
Or you can download the cumulative update from the Microsoft Download Center.
For a list of all cumulative updates for this version, see Released Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015.
Cumulative Update 19 includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016.
You can download the cumulative update from the Microsoft Download Center.
You can see changes included in this cumulative update from KB 4021395 – Cumulative Update 19 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016.
Jet Reports Canada sent out a notice this morning announcing that Jet Reports has released a new build. All the details are below.
Recently, I have had to import lots of different data for clients. They give me Excel worksheets that are full of names, numbers and telephone numbers. If you are working with Dynamics NAV or GP, you know that some of the fields can be very fussy in the import. Dynamics AX is more forgiving. I clean up the data, and get it ready.
Most clients ask me how I clean up columns, especially phone numbers. If you use Excel a lot, you will know these formulas or tricks. This post is for those who do not have to do this very often, and need some help.
1. Using Excel to change Words from All CAP to All lowercase, or to PROPER
- you can use the UPPER, LOWER, or PROPER functions to automatically change the case of existing text to uppercase, lowercase, or proper case.
- First, insert a temporary column next to the column that contains the text you want to convert
- In the temporary column, for example, cell B2, type =PROPER(A2)
- The other choices are =UPPER(A2) or =LOWER(A2)
Now, all of the names, countries, states, provinces, etc. can have standardized type.
2. Removing spaces and symbols in a phone number
- Often we get a list of telephone numbers that look like this
- To get rid of the (, ), –, Ext. 0000, use the find and replace function
- To get rid of the space, use the find and replace, using the space bar
- Press Ctrl + Space to select all cells in a column.
- Press Ctrl + H to open the “Find & Replace” dialog box.
- Press Space bar in the Find What field and make sure the “Replace with” field is empty.
3. Filling in the extension on a phone number
- Now you want to add trailing zeroes to make all the numbers with a fixed length, such as 14 digits for a telephone number in Canada and the US
- Create a blank column right of the existing phone number
- Use the EXCEL function =A2&REPT(“0”,14-LEN(A2)) where “A” represents the column with the telephone number in it
- The results are
Posted in Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV, Excel, How To, Microsoft, Working
- Tagged Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV, Excel, How To, Tips and Tricks
Picture from Groovypost.com
What would life be without updates?
To me, the answer is that it would be more frustrating and less fun. Having said that, some exciting news! As of December 7, Microsoft has release cumulative update 01 (CU01) for Dynamics NAV 2017. You can read the entire blog at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2016/12/07/cumulative-update-01-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-has-been-released/.
Where to find Cumulative Update 01
You can download the cumulative update from KB 3209071 – Cumulative Update 01 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 (Build 14199).
Or you can download the cumulative update from the Microsoft Download Center.
You will also find information on how to install the update – or at least a link to the article – on this blog.
Figure 1 – images from various sources
Microsoft has been on a role with releasing new software. And, Dynamics NAV 2017 is looking very exciting for end users as well as developers.
Lots of people have lots to say about it. So, I put together a list of different blogs and articles that you might find as interesting as I did. It can be a little light reading for the weekend.
1. Waldo’s blog has some great details and some comments on the new opportunities. See his information at http://www.waldo.be/2016/09/13/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017-whats-new/
2. On the Community NAV blog, Tharanga Chandrasekara focuses on Microsoft’s release document on What’s New in NAV 2017. It is a good read. https://community.dynamics.com/nav/b/tharangacnavblog/archive/2016/09/17/what-is-new-in-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2017
3. If you are a developer, you may want to check out the info on the NAV TECH DAYS site at https://www.navtechdays.com/2016/sessions. This covers things like “Building Extensions for NAV”, and Design Patterns in NAV 2017.
4. To learn more about NAV 2017 Notifications, check out Roberto Stefanetti NAV Blog – https://robertostefanettinavblog.wordpress.com/category/nav-2017/
5. If you are into Dynamics NAV technology and programming, you may want to check out the DIRECTIONS EMEA conference. It is being held Oct 12 to 14. They are talking about the next best practices and the new features. See the website. http://www.directionsemea.com/. “Join 1600 attendees who have already registered for THE BIGGEST NAV EVENT!”
Dynamics NAV 2017 is off to a rocking start!
Figure 1 – Picture from an old Microsoft slide show
Dynamics NAV 2013 is part of the Dynamics NAV teams update efforts. They have provided a cumulative update for each of Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, and Dynamics NAV 2013. You can get the details of the builds and other information from the References below.
Where to find Cumulative Update 35 For NAV 2013 R2
You can download the cumulative update from KB 3188238 – Cumulative Update 35 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 (Build 46774).
Where to find Cumulative Update 42 for NAV 2013
You can download the cumulative update from KB 3188237 – Cumulative Update 42 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 (Build 46772).
Figure 1 – picture from msdynamics.es
Yes! We have more cumulative updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015. This update was released on September 2, 2016 as announced in the NAV team blog at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2016/09/02/cumulative-update-23-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2015-has-been-released/.
You can find this update at KB 3188239 – Cumulative Update 23 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (Build 46765).
There is a very important note on the blog. It says:
Note: You must convert the database if you are upgrading to this cumulative update from a cumulative update earlier than Cumulative Update 9 (build 41779). For more information, see Converting a Database in Help for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Good luck with your update!
Figure 1 – from an email from a friend
The Dynamics NAV team announced on September 2, 2016 that the Cumulative Update 11 is available and that it includes all application and platform hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016.
The cumulative update includes hotfixes that apply to all countries and hotfixes specific to the following local versions:
- AU – Australia
- AT – Austria
- BE – Belgium
- CH – Switzerland
- CZ – Czech Republic
- DE – Germany
- DK – Denmark
- ES – Spain
- FI – Finland
- FR – France
- IS – Iceland
- IT – Italy
- NA – North America
- NL – Netherlands
- NO – Norway
- NZ – New Zealand
- RU – Russia
- SE – Sweden
- UK – United Kingdom
Where to find Cumulative Update 11
You can download the cumulative update from KB 3188240 – Cumulative Update 11 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 (Build 46773).
Please see the NAV team blog at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nav/2016/09/02/cumulative-update-11-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2016-has-been-released/ for more details.