I recently set up an Outlook 365 Business account. It was easy to set up and to get it going on my browser.
Then I set up the email address on my desktop Outlook 2013 Client. It worked well for two days and then I started to get error messages:
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Outlook.exe .
The number on the message would change from time to time when I was logging in. Sometimes it was 14595, or 5672, or 5996. And, using Visual Studio debugging tool did not help.
Microsoft Outlook would not open at all so I could not get into it to make changes.
I tried many things that did not work.
Here is what worked:
1. I found a site for Office Support, and it had a section on Office 365 Business Accounts. You can find this information at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-email-setup-6e27792a-9267-4aa4-8bb6-c84ef146101b
2. I clicked on the phrase “automatically diagnose and fix many Outlook setup issues”
3. This took me to the “FIX OUTLOOK” page at https://portal.office.com/support/help.aspx?sid=sara#/330cfd4a-358a-47fc-a679-71c762039f09
4. I downloaded the Microsoft Support and Recover Assistant for Office 365, and installed it.
5. The process took about 45 minutes to run through all the possible issues.
In the end, the RECOVER ASSISTANT did fix my client and get it to open. And, it did tell me that my profile needed to be reset. It is a good tool to use when you do not know what is wrong.
If you ever need to use the RECOVER ASSISTANT, let me know if it works for you.