Dynamics CRM 2016 will be generally available in the fourth quarter of this year, delivering the “the most comprehensive upgrade ever” for the platform, Microsoft announced on Tuesday. See the announcement at http://news.microsoft.com/2015/09/08/microsoft-reinvents-productivity-with-upcoming-release-of-customer-engagement-solution/.
The new enhancements are designed to:
- increase productivity for organizations by providing a simple and seamless experience across their Dynamics CRM application
- easier integration with email (there will be a CRM app inside Outlook),
- easier integration with Excel and Dynamics CRM 2016 will offer an enhanced Excel experience including new Excel templates to automate tasks such as managing sales forecasts, for example.
- easier integration with OneDrive for Business for easier task management,
- an enhanced mobile experience for the worker on the go, and,
- enriched data and analytics,
Businesses will benefit from this new version of CRM.
I use OneDrive to keep track of all those files that I may want to pull up on my computer, iPad, or Samsung Galaxy phone. You can sign up for OneDrive at https://onedrive.live.com. I also use it to share files with my family and friends.
You can add folders shared with you to your OneDrive so they sync down to your computer. They’ll look like any other folder, but when you edit files in shared folders the changes will show up to everyone else with permission for that folder.
Here’s how it works:
1 Go to your Shared list on OneDrive.com to check if folder(s) have been shared to you with the ability to edit. If there are none, create a folder and share it with edit permissions to your friends.
2 From the Shared list, select the folder you want to sync and click ‘Add to my OneDrive’.
3 If you have the OneDrive app installed on your PC or Mac, the folder will also sync down unless you have opted to only sync some folders in OneDrive settings.
4 The folder will also be accessible from your main OneDrive folder on OneDrive.com and on the OneDrive mobile app, if you have it installed.
You can sync shared folders on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Mac.