Figure 1 – picture from Microsoft Virtual Academy, from the course “What’s New In Windows Server 2016 Preview”
Microsoft is releasing a lot of new technology between June and December 2015 including Dynamics AX 7. All of the new releases are built to work together in the cloud.
Some of us don’t need to install Windows Server, but would like to have an understanding of the features and how the features might be used to support what we are doing in ERP or CRM. Microsoft’s course in the Virtual Academy gives an overview of some cool features.
- Explore enhanced virtualization functionality.
- Explore automated processes and configuration to help you spin up compute, storage, and networking resources faster.
- Preview new features that reduce system downtime.
- Find out how rolling upgrades can help you adopt updates and operating systems faster for Hyper-V and Scale-Out File Server.
- Learn about the zero-footprint, cloud-optimized Nano Server technology, along with scripting with the new PowerShell Desired State Configuration features.
What’s new in Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 Technical Preview 3 http://blogs.technet.com/b/server-cloud/archive/2015/08/19/what-s-new-in-windows-server-2016-and-system-center-2016-technical-preview-3.aspx
Windows Server 2016 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2016
What’s New in Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3 https://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/dn765472.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396